Who: John and Dix Where: Cockpit, galley When: Evening, presumably What: John makes his move Why: Dix has girl parts How: Lousy pick up lines and booze
Dix kicked her feet up on the console and leaned back as far as the pilot's chair would let her. Bucket seating, fully adjustable. Accept no substitute, especially not that mass-produced instrument of torture passing as a chair in her dorm. Besides, this place had a better view, if you could get past the neat, circular hole in the back of the seat, and the suspicious red stains on the fabric.
With a crack of her knuckles, Dix dug around in her boot, rooting for her cigarette case.
John was walking by and heard the cracking. Didn't sound like what he'd think Jimmy's hands would sound like. It was a fainter sound. He walked into see what was going on. Seeing Dix sitting there he cleared his throat.
The leather of the chair groaned as Dix shifted her weight to glance around the edge of her chair, careful to turn in such a way that it showed off her face's unblemished hemisphere. Her eyes never leaving Runner's, she lifted a cigarette to her lips and let it dangle, unlit.
"Not sure you should be in here... ugh... alone," fumbled John a bit. Anyone else he'd probably just pick them up and pull them out of the cockpit, maybe "accidentally" hitting their head on the hatch. She confounded him though.
Dix produced a match, scraped it against a callous on her thumb and lit her cigarette. "Hé fang?," she asked, shaking out the match's flame.
"None if you aren't looking to play pilot or try being a navigator. Then if I didn't die from it I'd get fired for letting you do it. My job here is making sure things go smooth," answered John.
"Are you good at your job?"
"If I wasn't it wouldn't be worth doing," he said quickly. He kind of wondered if she was fishing for info from him... still he couldn't stop looking at her form. He tried looking her in the eye as much as he could when he realized what he was doing.
Dix rolled to her feet, tucking her cigarette case into her boot. "I was just admirin' the view. I've got no desire to crash into a moon."
"Fair enough. Admire it until your heart's content. I'll have to keep you company though. Hopefully no offense." He noticed she had a great figure. He hoped his eyes hadn't widen when she got up.
She shrugged and took a long draw from her cigarette. Her eyes bored into him.
John felt a little uncomfortable at the stare. He grabbed onto the edge of a console with a hand and grabbed it tightly. As he did, his arm flexed and budged under his tight t-shirt. "Didn't mean to disturb you though. You can go back to enjoying the view if you want."
"That would be rude." She leaned against the console.
"Wouldn't be the first time someone was, and it didn't matter. Still... thanks. What brings you out here?" John pointed out into the black space.
"Persephone was gettin' powerful tedious."
"It's tedious everywhere. Especially when you're in a ship that can range in any color that a condom comes in." He didn't mean to make the pun.
A laugh escaped Dix before she could reign it in. "So, it weren't always hangover green?"
"Not always. Though green is better than..." he paused. "the... puce... it was before." John tried to think what puce looked like. "Know about hangovers eh?" John said trying to change the subject.
"Heh. I got a Ph.D. in 'em."
John didn't know what she meant by Ph.D. "I used to have my fair share of them too before Eli started looking out for me a little too much. Johnny's got it sort of dull now."
"You're either very lucky or in need of a new job."
"No and no. Not lucky, but the pay's good. I get a few new toys here and there," he said with a smile. "to help things... go smooth."
Another drag from her cigarette. "Got much call to use those toys?"
"Pfffft. When things aren't as smooth. Yeah. Which is whenever Eli negotiates a deal." John said shaking his head a little.
"So, all the time, then."
John nods. "It's good practice though. Keeps me on my toes. Sometimes depending on what's going on... it can be fun too."
"I reckon it beats boredom." Dix offered John her cigarette.
John took the cigarette though he was mostly used to cigars. He took a puff and didn't inhale so as not to spew smoke and spit all over her then handed it back. "Sometimes. Sometimes it's just crazy."
"Dunno. Crazy can be fun too."
"Depends on the crazy though. Taking a uranium shard type crazy sucks. Talking to a beautiful woman type crazy doesn't."
Dix didn't reply to this right away. "Uranium? Parts ain't fallin' off you, are they?"
"No. It just burned like hell." John said it before he thought... but just went on like he hadn't. "I dug it most of the way out. B finished it. Things are good. I think it's the type of Uranium that lets you keep your hair."
Dix looked Runner up. "How long ago was this?"
"Not long. Why?" he asked a little worried.
"Maybe it just ain't happened yet." Another puff. "Then again, I ain't an expert."
John shrugged. "What the rut. Wouldn't be the first time I was bald." He looked up at her. "You like a man with smooth skin?"
"I suppose that would depend on where that skin is."
John nods. "Know what you mean... I think. Smooth is good. Doesn't itch when you're in a sweatbox. Smooth skin helps things go smooth."
"You really like that word."
"Not really... just worked a lot in that sentence. Say... I was thinking of getting into Eli's good stuff. Want some?"
"Fuck yeah." Dix stomped out her cigarette and took the lead up out of the cockpit.
"Head to the galley." He said as he followed... picking up the cigarette and throwing it behind a console where no one would see it later.
Dix complied, picking out a cushy chair near the table. "You often steal from your boss?"
"No." John said as he reached in the area where Eli kept it. He arrived at the table with two glasses and handed her the bottle.
Dix poured herself a shot and passed back the bottle. "So what's the special occasion?"
"I'm not drinking by myself," John said as he poured his.
"You usually drink by yourself? Unhealthy." Dix downed her shot. "Ugg. Your captain needs better taste. In multiple senses."
John downed his. "You shouldn't taste the bad stuff then.... and who else is there here to drink with?" he shrugged.
"The rest of the crew mormons or somethin'?"
"They act like it sometimes." John thought she said morons. "I just want to go out sometimes when we get planetside and blow off steam... can't though."
Dix paused, trying to puzzle out his response before giving up. "Kamchatka ain't bad if you can get away for a spell. Good places to run around, so long as you're stickin' to the habitable zones."
"I'd like to get out." He passes her the bottle again. "Mansi keeps a leash on me though... and not the fun kind."
"And you obey her because?"
John paused. "I can't think of an answer. Always been taught to follow command I guess."
"'Less they're payin' you to stay sober and bored, I don't think they've got much call to tell you what to do when you ain't on the job." Dix poured herself another shot and downed it. "Then again, that's why I hate workin' under a steady boss."
"I'm definitely not on the job now," John took another shot and passed it back to her.
"That some kind of pick up line?"
"No. Just saying they can't tell me what to do now. You on the other hand probably could."
That called for another drink. "You normally make a pass at the passengers?" Dix passed the bottle back.
"Midgets? No! A tall, sculpted woman? If she doesn't mind." John took another shot and pushed be bottle between them.
"Well, I didn't mean to imply every passenger, just womenfolk." Although the fact that he was hitting on her did point to some pretty low standards. Dix scratched at a rough patch of skin on the left side of her face and poured herself a drink. This was a bad idea on an empty stomach, but free booze was hard to turn down.
"Not all the womenfolk..." John paused. "and listen, in my line of work, things happen... too.... I understand... doesn't change who you are... My best friends..." he stopped not knowing what else to say and poured another drink.
"Are what?"
"They're still my best friends," he said taking the drink.
"Right." Dix pulled the bottle out of Runner's hands, took a swig without bothering with the glass, and set the booze aside. "I think we're both keen to where this conversation's goin', so whaddya say we just cut the verbiage and get the sex thing out of the way, hao?"
John looked like a deer in headlight. "Ok."
Dix stood up, if a bit unsteadily. "Fantastic. I've got a condom that'll just match your ugly-ass ship." She headed off.
John sat there looking at her leave. Then it hit him to follow. He ran off after her.
3 comments:
Dix kicked her feet up on the console and leaned back as far as the pilot's chair would let her. Bucket seating, fully adjustable. Accept no substitute, especially not that mass-produced instrument of torture passing as a chair in her dorm. Besides, this place had a better view, if you could get past the neat, circular hole in the back of the seat, and the suspicious red stains on the fabric.
With a crack of her knuckles, Dix dug around in her boot, rooting for her cigarette case.
John was walking by and heard the cracking. Didn't sound like what he'd think Jimmy's hands would sound like. It was a fainter sound. He walked into see what was going on. Seeing Dix sitting there he cleared his throat.
The leather of the chair groaned as Dix shifted her weight to glance around the edge of her chair, careful to turn in such a way that it showed off her face's unblemished hemisphere. Her eyes never leaving Runner's, she lifted a cigarette to her lips and let it dangle, unlit.
"Not sure you should be in here... ugh... alone," fumbled John a bit. Anyone else he'd probably just pick them up and pull them out of the cockpit, maybe "accidentally" hitting their head on the hatch. She confounded him though.
Dix produced a match, scraped it against a callous on her thumb and lit her cigarette. "Hé fang?," she asked, shaking out the match's flame.
"None if you aren't looking to play pilot or try being a navigator. Then if I didn't die from it I'd get fired for letting you do it. My job here is making sure things go smooth," answered John.
"Are you good at your job?"
"If I wasn't it wouldn't be worth doing," he said quickly. He kind of wondered if she was fishing for info from him... still he couldn't stop looking at her form. He tried looking her in the eye as much as he could when he realized what he was doing.
Dix rolled to her feet, tucking her cigarette case into her boot. "I was just admirin' the view. I've got no desire to crash into a moon."
"Fair enough. Admire it until your heart's content. I'll have to keep you company though. Hopefully no offense." He noticed she had a great figure. He hoped his eyes hadn't widen when she got up.
She shrugged and took a long draw from her cigarette. Her eyes bored into him.
John felt a little uncomfortable at the stare. He grabbed onto the edge of a console with a hand and grabbed it tightly. As he did, his arm flexed and budged under his tight t-shirt. "Didn't mean to disturb you though. You can go back to enjoying the view if you want."
"That would be rude." She leaned against the console.
"Wouldn't be the first time someone was, and it didn't matter. Still... thanks. What brings you out here?" John pointed out into the black space.
"Persephone was gettin' powerful tedious."
"It's tedious everywhere. Especially when you're in a ship that can range in any color that a condom comes in." He didn't mean to make the pun.
A laugh escaped Dix before she could reign it in. "So, it weren't always hangover green?"
"Not always. Though green is better than..." he paused. "the... puce... it was before." John tried to think what puce looked like. "Know about hangovers eh?" John said trying to change the subject.
"Heh. I got a Ph.D. in 'em."
John didn't know what she meant by Ph.D. "I used to have my fair share of them too before Eli started looking out for me a little too much. Johnny's got it sort of dull now."
"You're either very lucky or in need of a new job."
"No and no. Not lucky, but the pay's good. I get a few new toys here and there," he said with a smile. "to help things... go smooth."
Another drag from her cigarette. "Got much call to use those toys?"
"Pfffft. When things aren't as smooth. Yeah. Which is whenever Eli negotiates a deal." John said shaking his head a little.
"So, all the time, then."
John nods. "It's good practice though. Keeps me on my toes. Sometimes depending on what's going on... it can be fun too."
"I reckon it beats boredom." Dix offered John her cigarette.
John took the cigarette though he was mostly used to cigars. He took a puff and didn't inhale so as not to spew smoke and spit all over her then handed it back. "Sometimes. Sometimes it's just crazy."
"Dunno. Crazy can be fun too."
"Depends on the crazy though. Taking a uranium shard type crazy sucks. Talking to a beautiful woman type crazy doesn't."
Dix didn't reply to this right away. "Uranium? Parts ain't fallin' off you, are they?"
"No. It just burned like hell." John said it before he thought... but just went on like he hadn't. "I dug it most of the way out. B finished it. Things are good. I think it's the type of Uranium that lets you keep your hair."
Dix looked Runner up. "How long ago was this?"
"Not long. Why?" he asked a little worried.
"Maybe it just ain't happened yet." Another puff. "Then again, I ain't an expert."
John shrugged. "What the rut. Wouldn't be the first time I was bald." He looked up at her. "You like a man with smooth skin?"
"I suppose that would depend on where that skin is."
John nods. "Know what you mean... I think. Smooth is good. Doesn't itch when you're in a sweatbox. Smooth skin helps things go smooth."
"You really like that word."
"Not really... just worked a lot in that sentence. Say... I was thinking of getting into Eli's good stuff. Want some?"
"Fuck yeah." Dix stomped out her cigarette and took the lead up out of the cockpit.
"Head to the galley." He said as he followed... picking up the cigarette and throwing it behind a console where no one would see it later.
Dix complied, picking out a cushy chair near the table. "You often steal from your boss?"
"No." John said as he reached in the area where Eli kept it. He arrived at the table with two glasses and handed her the bottle.
Dix poured herself a shot and passed back the bottle. "So what's the special occasion?"
"I'm not drinking by myself," John said as he poured his.
"You usually drink by yourself? Unhealthy." Dix downed her shot. "Ugg. Your captain needs better taste. In multiple senses."
John downed his. "You shouldn't taste the bad stuff then.... and who else is there here to drink with?" he shrugged.
"The rest of the crew mormons or somethin'?"
"They act like it sometimes." John thought she said morons. "I just want to go out sometimes when we get planetside and blow off steam... can't though."
Dix paused, trying to puzzle out his response before giving up. "Kamchatka ain't bad if you can get away for a spell. Good places to run around, so long as you're stickin' to the habitable zones."
"I'd like to get out." He passes her the bottle again. "Mansi keeps a leash on me though... and not the fun kind."
"And you obey her because?"
John paused. "I can't think of an answer. Always been taught to follow command I guess."
"'Less they're payin' you to stay sober and bored, I don't think they've got much call to tell you what to do when you ain't on the job." Dix poured herself another shot and downed it. "Then again, that's why I hate workin' under a steady boss."
"I'm definitely not on the job now," John took another shot and passed it back to her.
"That some kind of pick up line?"
"No. Just saying they can't tell me what to do now. You on the other hand probably could."
That called for another drink. "You normally make a pass at the passengers?" Dix passed the bottle back.
"Midgets? No! A tall, sculpted woman? If she doesn't mind." John took another shot and pushed be bottle between them.
"Well, I didn't mean to imply every passenger, just womenfolk." Although the fact that he was hitting on her did point to some pretty low standards. Dix scratched at a rough patch of skin on the left side of her face and poured herself a drink. This was a bad idea on an empty stomach, but free booze was hard to turn down.
"Not all the womenfolk..." John paused. "and listen, in my line of work, things happen... too.... I understand... doesn't change who you are... My best friends..." he stopped not knowing what else to say and poured another drink.
"Are what?"
"They're still my best friends," he said taking the drink.
"Right." Dix pulled the bottle out of Runner's hands, took a swig without bothering with the glass, and set the booze aside. "I think we're both keen to where this conversation's goin', so whaddya say we just cut the verbiage and get the sex thing out of the way, hao?"
John looked like a deer in headlight. "Ok."
Dix stood up, if a bit unsteadily. "Fantastic. I've got a condom that'll just match your ugly-ass ship." She headed off.
John sat there looking at her leave. Then it hit him to follow. He ran off after her.
Ever notice..
How no matter what, coopers name came up in conversation, and now it's Eli?
Also, be sure to wash the whore out of the sheets when you're done railing, please. That shit festers.. *shudder*
Mansi only keeps him on a leash when they're on a job! :P
Post a Comment