WHO: Mansi and B WHAT: B gives Mansi clean bandages and lectures her on the evils of drinking WHERE: Mansi's bunk and the MedBay WHEN: uhhh.... WHY: because we can! HOW: with our minds.
Mansi's face was dark as she muttered to herself, "Stupid bandages,” while sitting on her bed fidgeting with her sling.
B knocked on the door to Mansi's bunk. "Hey, it's me. Can I come in?"
"Of course, mei mei," Mansi replied with only a hint of irritation in her voice.
B opened the door and smiled at her adopted aunt. "I need to change those bandages on your shoulder and side, otherwise things are gonna get nasty." She paused, trying to think of more incentive. "I'll make us a snack afterwards, if you'd like."
Mansi scowled at her. "This is not funny."
"Still necessary." B stuck her tongue out at her. "I'll even brew tea."
Mansi made a face. "Can we do this here at least? I don't want Runner tryin' to peek in.”
B shook her head and gave a sad half smile. "It's really not sanitary. You're pretty cut up, and I want to take precautions. I can pull the blinds and lock the door though. If he shoots himself in the foot again, he's just going to have to wait."
Mansi sighed. "Well." She gets up, "I suppose the bright side is I don't have to worry about Eli peekin' in."
B moved to help Mansi up and out the door. "If anyone tries to peek in, I'll put something in their food, or something else equally unlikeable."
Mansi threw her a grin. "Be more discreet this time."
B didn't even respond. "Watch your step here," she said, helping to lift Mansi up a little to the door. Once they were in the medbay, B closed the blinds, shut the door, and locked it. "Take off your shirt while I get the clean bandages and wipes."
Mansi unbuttoned her shirt slowly, hampered by the fact that she only has one hand. "When can I get my other hand back, anyway?"
B put the bandages on a tray attached to the medbay chair and helped Mansi take her shirt off the rest of the way. "Probably not for another week at the earliest."
"Lovely. So you're sayin' I'm basically useless for another week?"
"You can still hold a gun in your working hand." B grinned a little, taking off the bandage on Mansi's shoulder slowly, then throwing the bodily fluid soaked thing in the trash. "And you can always ask Lester to do things for you." She said, washing her hands after throwing the dirty one away and coming back to re-dress the bullet wound.
"I get the impression he doesn't like doing things for others."
“I think it’s more along the lines of he doesn’t like shooting at people because of Eli.”
Mansi shrugs, and then winces. Shouldn't have shrugged that shoulder. "I suppose."
"Careful there. Although, the wound is healing nicely, it's still a wound, and leaking a little." She stopped before wiping the area with the anti-microbial solution. "Just a warning, this is going to burn for a moment."
Mansi gritted her teeth against the sting. After a few moments, she asked "So tell me somethin'. Why'd I get knocked out in the middle of Eli's barfight?"
B stopped untaping the large bandage on Mansi's side and looked up at her. "Did you have anything alcoholic to drink?" She finished taking off the bandage and repeated the same procedure as the previous bandage, although this area was larger. She shook her head as she dressed the wound. "If you want to drink, I'm not going to give you any more medication. The supplies I have won't treat the damage you'll do to your liver, and we can't go to any hospitals currently."
"If you'd seen the place, Binky, you'da wanted a drink too."
"But if I had been in the condition you're in, I wouldn’a had one." She got the solution out again. "Sting again." Her brow was furrowed as she finished up, and she put her hand on Mansi's arm. "Look, Mansi. During my internship at MedAcad, I saw several cases where people had died from mixing alcohol and painkillers. They thought one drink would be fine, but their body chemistry didn't work like that. I care about you, you're the only family who I can talk to, and your my jiejie more than my real one is. I can't keep you from ignoring my advice, but I don't wanna see you dead on my table."
Mansi sighed. "Stop makin' me feel guilty." She leaned against B.
"I'm sorry. It's just worrisome is all." B replied, petting Mansi's hair. "Come on. put your shirt on and I'll make us some tea and cookies."
5 comments:
Mansi's face was dark as she muttered to herself, "Stupid bandages,” while sitting on her bed fidgeting with her sling.
B knocked on the door to Mansi's bunk. "Hey, it's me. Can I come in?"
"Of course, mei mei," Mansi replied with only a hint of irritation in her voice.
B opened the door and smiled at her adopted aunt. "I need to change those bandages on your shoulder and side, otherwise things are gonna get nasty." She paused, trying to think of more incentive. "I'll make us a snack afterwards, if you'd like."
Mansi scowled at her. "This is not funny."
"Still necessary." B stuck her tongue out at her. "I'll even brew tea."
Mansi made a face. "Can we do this here at least? I don't want Runner tryin' to peek in.”
B shook her head and gave a sad half smile. "It's really not sanitary. You're pretty cut up, and I want to take precautions. I can pull the blinds and lock the door though. If he shoots himself in the foot again, he's just going to have to wait."
Mansi sighed. "Well." She gets up, "I suppose the bright side is I don't have to worry about Eli peekin' in."
B moved to help Mansi up and out the door. "If anyone tries to peek in, I'll put something in their food, or something else equally unlikeable."
Mansi threw her a grin. "Be more discreet this time."
B didn't even respond. "Watch your step here," she said, helping to lift Mansi up a little to the door. Once they were in the medbay, B closed the blinds, shut the door, and locked it. "Take off your shirt while I get the clean bandages and wipes."
Mansi unbuttoned her shirt slowly, hampered by the fact that she only has one hand. "When can I get my other hand back, anyway?"
B put the bandages on a tray attached to the medbay chair and helped Mansi take her shirt off the rest of the way. "Probably not for another week at the earliest."
"Lovely. So you're sayin' I'm basically useless for another week?"
"You can still hold a gun in your working hand." B grinned a little, taking off the bandage on Mansi's shoulder slowly, then throwing the bodily fluid soaked thing in the trash. "And you can always ask Lester to do things for you." She said, washing her hands after throwing the dirty one away and coming back to re-dress the bullet wound.
"I get the impression he doesn't like doing things for others."
“I think it’s more along the lines of he doesn’t like shooting at people because of Eli.”
Mansi shrugs, and then winces. Shouldn't have shrugged that shoulder. "I suppose."
"Careful there. Although, the wound is healing nicely, it's still a wound, and leaking a little." She stopped before wiping the area with the anti-microbial solution. "Just a warning, this is going to burn for a moment."
Mansi gritted her teeth against the sting. After a few moments, she asked "So tell me somethin'. Why'd I get knocked out in the middle of Eli's barfight?"
B stopped untaping the large bandage on Mansi's side and looked up at her. "Did you have anything alcoholic to drink?" She finished taking off the bandage and repeated the same procedure as the previous bandage, although this area was larger. She shook her head as she dressed the wound. "If you want to drink, I'm not going to give you any more medication. The supplies I have won't treat the damage you'll do to your liver, and we can't go to any hospitals currently."
"If you'd seen the place, Binky, you'da wanted a drink too."
"But if I had been in the condition you're in, I wouldn’a had one." She got the solution out again. "Sting again." Her brow was furrowed as she finished up, and she put her hand on Mansi's arm. "Look, Mansi. During my internship at MedAcad, I saw several cases where people had died from mixing alcohol and painkillers. They thought one drink would be fine, but their body chemistry didn't work like that. I care about you, you're the only family who I can talk to, and your my jiejie more than my real one is. I can't keep you from ignoring my advice, but I don't wanna see you dead on my table."
Mansi sighed. "Stop makin' me feel guilty." She leaned against B.
"I'm sorry. It's just worrisome is all." B replied, petting Mansi's hair. "Come on. put your shirt on and I'll make us some tea and cookies."
MMmmmmmm.... nostalgia. Too bad time line issues restrict me from writing Kaede and Cooper back into this...
Aww.
Nostalgia is right, although we have some issues with tenses (I think I was confused). I think we should decide once and for all: past or present?
Past tense--We're using Signal format, remember?
Aye aye.
Post a Comment